If you are thinking about making money online from your expertise and skills as a freelancer. Then beware of freelancer fake projects and learn how to avoid scams and save your money, time, and hard work.
There is no big deal of earning money online from various freelancing websites. But, you have to understand the main concept of freelancing. Because freelancing is becoming famous day by day. There are thousands of people who are opting for freelance as a full-time job. On the other hand, there are many scammers who target freelancers and shakedown their dream to become a top freelancer and earn a six-figure income.
Therefore, below I am going to write about all freelancer fake projects and how to avoid scams and became a successful freelancer all time.
Freelancer Fake Projects, how to Identify Scammers?
There is no doubt that freelancer is not free of fake projects and scammers. For example, if you are going to work on any freelance platform such as Upwork, Freelancer, Guru, Fiverr. You can experience fraud. And that is the beauty of making money online. If you are thinking, I am exaggerating the main issue. Then let me example it for you in a clear sense.
If you are enthusiastic about online jobs. Then you must understand the unpredictability of online work. You must have a high level of understanding with whom you should work and with whom you should not. Because freelancing is termed as to be the boss of yourself. So, there is no one who can guide you about the right and wrong freelance project. Thus, now it is time for your real leadership to lead yourself to understand the critical analysis of each and every project. How to do it let me show you the below.
1. Employer Registration Date
First, you have to find out the date of registration of the employer. Most of the fake projects have been posting by the users who have registered recently. Therefore, if you find the user who is posted the project is registered today. Then the possibility of scam is optimum. Since plantly of users will be banned by freelancer team when they find out complain about them. Therefore, they don’t have a previous account to log-in to. So, they register quickly with a new account and scam a new freelancer. Therefore first, you have to take your glance at the registration date of an employer.
2. Employer Verification
The second clue is the employer verification portion. Before bidding and wasting your bid. You have to check out the employer verification. there is an area on the right side of the details section where you can clearly see many options regarding Employer Verification. It will give you all information about the employer. Then it will be easy for you to predict about the employer either he is a scammer or a real client.
- Identity verified:
- Identity verification is not so much important. If identity verification is green then you will be left with doubt that the client is 100% real. Without any confusion, you have to bid on the project with an identity verified employer.
- Payment method verified:
- If the payment method is verified by the employer and you will see a green color. Thus, it means that this client has already attached the credit card to the freelancer. So, you have to apply to the project.
- Deposit made:
- Deposit made means that the employer has transferred some amount to the freelancer platform and purchased services. Therefore, the employer posting project with a deposit made verification won’t scam you.
- Email address verified:
- If non of the above mention options are verified and the employer has verified only the email address. Then you have to trust solely on the email verification. Because you have better knowledge that everyone has email and registration is easy to verify with email.
- Profile completed:
- Profile completion has no strong prove to be a real employer. However, I have found that most of the scammer won’t have profile completion.
- Phone number verified:
- Phone number verification shows the authenticity of the employer. But, now there is many online websites where we can also verify phone by temporary code.
Finally, the most important are Identity verified, payment method verified and a deposit made. Therefore, if you see all these icons green then without having a second thought you have to bid on those projects as soon as possible.
3. Milestone to stop Freelancer Fake Projects
It is also imperative to understand the milestone as a freelancer. There are many employers who you think is the real client while analyzing from the above method. But, you can again face the problem, if you will not ask to create milestone before accepting the project.
First, you have to understand what is a milestone? Milestone is an agreement where the client will guarantee you to give money after the completion of the project. Therefore, the client will create a milestone, If he won’t do it then you have to ask him to create the milestone. If the client won’t create milestone and you might work for him and send all the project files and data. So, the client has the authority to not send you money. And there is no rule to challenge against him. Because you haven’t created a milestone before.
If you work with consciousness and with smart and intelligent work. Then there is no way, anyone can deceive you in any circumstances. Therefore, you have to understand the complete platform and use your sharp brain to find all puzzles. One you will be confident and start working with various clients from all over the world. Then everything will be a piece of cake onward. Therefore, no one will stop you from success and making and earning money online